Dr. Ana Benedetti and Benedetti Orthodontics are a Premier Provider of Invisalign and Invisalign Teen in Fort Lauderdale. These clear braces are great for teens and adults who need their teeth straightened without wires and brackets. This approach has the advantage of being almost invisible.
So, what exactly does this mean to you, the patient seeking a highly qualified Invisalign orthodontist for clear braces? The company that makes Invisalign, Align Technology, has set very specific guidelines for Invisalign doctors to acheive Premier Provider Status. These guidelines have gotten tougher each year. In order to maintain our Invisalign Premier Provider designation, Dr. Benedetti must have 24 new patients that begin Invisalign treatment every 6 months. This means that we treat a minimum of 48 new Invisalign patients each year compared to the average Invisalign doctor who typically has 4-6 new Invisalign patients per year.
- We see many Invisalign patients in our office every day and it's likely that we have successfully treated someone with the same situation as you!
- If you are not seeing the results you expect during your Invisalign treatment, we can fix it
- We work with a dedicated technician at Invisalign to insure that your treatment plan is precisely carried out
- If you have ever been told that you are NOT a candidate for Invisalign, most likely orthodontists say this due to a lack of experience with the product, bue we can assure you that if you are a candidate you can have Invisalign.
- We will give you a realistic expectation for what Invisalign can do for your smile so there won’t be any surprises at the end of your treatment
- We know what Invisalign is capable of. It may not be the right solution for all smiles and we can let you know that up front at your FREE Consultation before you waste any time or money.
- We are committed to keeping up to date with the Invisalign system of orthodontic treatment and the constant improvements in technology and techniques. Every Invisalign Premier Provider is required to complete at least 10 hours of continuing education every year to maintain their status.
We are very proud that we have achieved Invisalign Premier Provider status in 2012 and look forward to acheving it again or greater in 2013!!
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses custom-made removable aligners. The aligners are made of a clear plastic so that they are almost invisible. No metal is needed to straighten teeth. The teeth will move gradually as the treatment plan progresses.
It begins with the orthodontist using 3-D computer graphics to make a series of custom aligners. A series of precisely calibrated aligners are used in the treatment plan. Depending on what is needed, there could be anywhere from 12 to 48 different aligners. Each aligner is worn for around two weeks, and then the next aligner in the sequence is used. They can be taken out to eat, brush teeth and floss.
Who Can Use Invisalign?
Invisalign is used for misaligned teeth and teeth that are protruding. Teeth that are crowded or widely spaced also benefit from its use. The best way to know if they are right for a particular situation is to consult Benedetti Orthodontics, a preferred provider of clear braces in Fort Lauderdale.
Teens love these clear braces in Fort Lauderdale because most people do not even know they are wearing them. There is no need to be self-conscious while talking, smiling and laughing. Straightening teeth during the teen years gives youth the opportunity to enter the workforce without the worry of exposing misaligned teeth.
Invisalign Versus Metal Braces
The most obvious advantage of clear braces is that people are less self-conscious because they are almost invisible. This beats the metal and brackets used with traditional braces.The plastic is smooth; this makes them comfortable to wear. Metal braces have wires that irritate and poke the inside of the mouth.
It is nice to be able to take the aligners out so that they can be cleaned. They can also be removed when eating and brushing. Since they are removed while eating, people can eat whatever they want. Metal braces make it difficult to brush and floss. There is the disadvantage that some foods cannot be eaten with traditional braces.
Our Patients who have used Invisalign braces in Fort Lauderdale have had fantastic results, including increased self-confidence. A consultation is the first step to wonderful smile.
A. You must wear your aligners for up to 22 hours daily. You may remove them for eating, drinking and regular oral hygiene.
A. No. Unlike braces, you may eat whatever you like as long as you remove the aligners before eating. Prior to placing the aligners back on, it is important to brush your teeth and the aligners after you eat.
A. Like any orthodontic treatment, there is a short adjustment period. The more you speak with the aligners on, the quicker you will adjust.
A. There will be some pressure and minor discomfort for a day or two after each initial insertion. This is a sign that your teeth are moving sequentially into their final position.
A. It is recommended that you remove your aligners prior to chewing gum as the gum will stick to the aligners.
A. We discourage smoking with aligners as the cigarette smoke will tend to discolor them.
A. Brushing them with toothpaste will keep them fresh and clean.
A. Regular office visits are every five to six weeks. This will ensure that your Invisalign treatment is progressing as planned.
A. All orthodontic patients are instructed to wear their retainers at night indefinitely. Sleeping with your retainers in at night will ensure a healthy bite and maintain the new position of your teeth.
A. Treatment time varies depending on the severity of the misaligned teeth. Treatment time can be shorter than traditional braces, between six and 18 months.
A. Yes, if their teeth, including second molars, have grown in completely.
Now teens don't have to worry about embarrassing metal braces in their yearbook photos or Facebook profiles – introducing Invisalign® Teen! Invisalign® Teen is the clear way to straighten teeth without metal braces, using aligners. Aligners are removable and clear, which means you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing. You can still eat and drink what you want. Also, you can brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth, and there are no wires, metal or brackets to cause mouth abrasions.
We went to leading orthodontists, parents and teens themselves to custom-design an Invisalign system just right for the dental needs of teenagers. With blue-to-clear color-changing aligners to show how long each aligner has been worn, six free replacement aligners in case some are lost or broken, and other changes designed to accommodate growing mouths, Invisalign Teen is the perfect teeth-straightening system for today's teens' busy lifestyles!
What is Invisalign Teen?
- Clear way to straighten your teeth without braces.
- Series of clear, removable, custom-made aligners.
- Uses no metal wires or brackets.
- Custom-made for comfort.
How does Invisalign Teen work?
- Wear each set of aligners for about two weeks.
- Remove only to eat, drink, brush and floss.
- Your teeth will move gradually each week.
- Visit us every 8-10 weeks.
- Total treatment time averages 6-15 months.
- Average number of aligners is between 18 and 30.
What conditions does Invisalign Teen treat?
By using its advanced technology, Invisalign Teen can treat a broad range of dental and orthodontic conditions, which, in the past, were usually treated with traditional braces. These conditions include:
- Overly crowded teeth
- Widely spaced teeth